April 19, 2021
Dear Scholarship Applicant,
Each year the Collie J. Nicholson Chapter of Grambling State University National Alumni presents an Educational Scholarship Award to an upperclassman within the Dallas Metroplex. Eligible students must major in one of the following: College of Business, Criminal Justice, Mass Communication, or STEM, demonstrate, leadership skills, and participate in community service activities. Additionally, applicants are judged on their completion of a two-page essay based on one of the confronting issues in our society below.
- Does the American Dream still exist? What does it consist of?
- What are solutions to prevent high-school dropouts?
- Write an editorial to your mayor addressing areas of improvement in your city.
- Why do you think HBCU’s are relevant, and what vital role do HBCUs play in our society?
We invite you to apply for our Educational Scholarship Award. Enclosed you will find a scholarship application and detailed information outlining the process for completing the application. The deadline for submission of all information is June 30, 2021. We hope you will consider this scholarship opportunity as you attend Grambling State University.
In the Tiger Spirit,
Awarded to upperclassman within the Dallas Metroplex ISD with the following program majors (College of Business, Criminal Justice, Mass Communication, or STEM)
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or better
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Leadership Qualities
- Community Service
- Personal Essay
- Letter of Recommendation (advisor, professor, president, manager, or agency of volunteer work)
- Must provide an official Grambling State University transcript of the previous semester
For consideration, all applications must be received by June 30, 2021.
CHECK THE LIST OF ITEMS TO BE INCLUDED. IF ALL REQUIRED MATERIALS ARE NOT SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION, THE PACKAGE IS CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE AND WILL NOT BE EVALUATED.