Educational Scholarship Award
May 22, 2022
Dear Scholarship Applicant,
Each year the Collie J. Nicholson Chapter of Grambling State University National Alumni presents an Educational Scholarship Award to a graduating senior within the Dallas Metroplex. Eligible students have applied to the Grambling State University and their high school profiles demonstrate academic readiness for college, leadership skills, and involvement in the life of the school, community and participation in community service activities. Additionally, applicants are judged on their completion of a two-page essay based on one of the confronting issues in our society below.
- Does the American Dream still exist? What does it consist of?
- What are solutions to prevent high-school dropouts?
- Write an editorial to your mayor addressing areas of improvement in your city.
- Why do you think HBCUs are relevant, and what vital role do HBCUs play in our society?
We invite you to apply for our Educational Scholarship Award. You have the option to either apply online using the form below or click here to download the scholarship application and detailed information outlining the process for completing the application. The deadline for submission of all information is July 15, 2022. Please make note that packets must be postmarked by this date. We hope you will consider this scholarship opportunity as you plan for Grambling State University.
In The Tiger Spirit,
2nd Vice President
- Grade point average of 2.5 or better
- Leadership Qualities
- ACT Composite score of 20 or better; or
- SAT score of 940 or better (Critical Reading & Math)
- Personal Essay
- Letter of Recommendation (counselor, teacher, principal, manager, or agency of volunteer work)
- Must have been accepted to Grambling State University
Applications can be obtained from your high school counselors, chapter members, or request an application at firstname.lastname@example.org. For consideration, all applications must be received by July 15, 2022.
CHECK THE LIST OF ITEMS TO BE INCLUDED. IF ALL REQUIRED MATERIALS ARE NOT SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION, THE PACKAGE IS CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE AND WILL NOT BE EVALUATED.