Educational Scholarship Award
May 11, 2020
Dear Scholarship Applicant,
Each year the Collie J. Nicholson Chapter of Grambling State University National Alumni presents the Educational Scholarship Award to a graduating high school senior within the Dallas Metroplex. Eligible students have applied to Grambling State University, and their high school profiles demonstrate academic readiness for college, leadership skills, and involvement in community service activities. Additionally, applicants are judged on their completion of a 250-word essay based on one of the confronting issues in our society below.
- Does the American Dream still exist? What does it consist of?
- What are solutions to prevent high-school dropouts?
- Write an editorial to your mayor addressing areas of improvement in your city.
- Why do you think HBCU’s are relevant, and what vital role do HBCUs play in our society?
We invite you to apply for our Educational Scholarship Award. You have the option to either apply online using the form below or click here to download the scholarship application and detailed information outlining the process for completing the application. The deadline for submission of all information is June 30, 2020. Please make note that packets must be postmarked by this date. We hope you will consider this scholarship opportunity as you plan for Grambling State University.
In The Tiger Spirit,
- Grade point average of 2.5 or better
- Class Rank
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Leadership Qualities
- Community Service
- ACT Composite score of 20 or better; or (Waived for COVID 19)
- SAT score of 940 or better (Critical Reading & Math) (Waived for COVID 19)
- Personal Essay
- Letter of Recommendation (counselor, teacher, principal, manager, or agency of volunteer work)
- Must have been accepted to Grambling State University
Finalists will be notified no later than July 10, 2020. Final selections will be based on the applicant’s essay, GPA, extracurricular activities and test scores. Remember, you are responsible for notifying the chapter office in writing if there are any changes in your address, telephone number or email address.
CHECK THE LIST OF ITEMS TO BE INCLUDED. IF ALL REQUIRED MATERIALS ARE NOT SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION, THE PACKAGE IS CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE AND WILL NOT BE EVALUATED.